NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello Stargazers Lounge

Joe_Dinsdale

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi welcome to SGL from Pete in Bedfordshire :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Welcome to SGL Joe, :smiley: .

Hi from Crete.

Welcome to SGL, Joe!

Dana

Welcome to SGL from down-under...

Hello and welcome.

Peter

Thank you all for your welcomes, this is the most welcome messages I have received from any forum :D

Hi Joe and welcome to SGL, you have a nice scope to use in your 6SE, but of late, as you say, it has not been used much, this may be down to a few things, one in particular could be, you have been observing the night sky as a picture in general, been there seen that got the T shirt etc, it is what lies deep within that picture, that many find of interest. Chasing down the Messier objects and many other notable lists and items of interest, established by famous Astronomers of the past. The DSO list, double stars, the intricate details of the Moon, Comets moving on their endless orbital journeys round the Sun, in other words many things to keep your interest going.

Although you have been involved in Astronomy for many years, one publication I found of immense value was... "The Illustrated Guide To Astronomical Wonders" if you have do not have this publication, I would recommend it, as it could keep you busy for years to come, clear skies permitting, enjoy the forum :) 

Hi Joe and welcome to SGL, you have a nice scope to use in your 6SE, but of late, as you say, it has not been used much, this may be down to a few things, one in particular could be, you have been observing the night sky as a picture in general, been there seen that got the T shirt etc, it is what lies deep within that picture, that many find of interest. Chasing down the Messier objects and many other notable lists and items of interest, established by famous Astronomers of the past. The DSO list, double stars, the intricate details of the Moon, Comets moving on their endless orbital journeys round the Sun, in other words many things to keep your interest going.

Although you have been involved in Astronomy for many years, one publication I found of immense value was... "The Illustrated Guide To Astronomical Wonders" if you have do not have this publication, I would recommend it, as it could keep you busy for years to come, clear skies permitting, enjoy the forum :)

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I do have a great interest of everything up in the sky :) i know i have only touched on some of the DSO and i am still waiting to see my first comment. I think the reason i have not done much for a while with astronomy is I have just not had the time, but i am planning on finding the time now. 

Thank you for the book recommendation, but i must admit im not much of a reader, however i do think i would enjoy reading that book, it sounds interesting.

"Thank you for the warm welcome.

I do have a great interest of everything up in the sky :) i know i have only touched on some of the DSO and i am still waiting to see my first comment. I think the reason i have not done much for a while with astronomy is I have just not had the time, but i am planning on finding the time now. 

Thank you for the book recommendation, but i must admit im not much of a reader, however i do think i would enjoy reading that book, it sounds interesting."

Just an update Joe, the book quoted is not so much a reading book, but more of a guide through each of the Constellations throughout the year, 500 pages or so, of what can be seen... binoculars to telescopes, how to locate and find... photographs, guide maps and general info on the target subjects, considered by many as a very much more detailed and extended version; along the lines of the ever popular "Turn Left at Orion". Enjoy your Astronomy :)

Archived