NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M45 D5100 Monotec modified

fwm891

Few unfiltered frames just to get an idea of sensitivity.

Image comprises: 6x150s at 400 iso, 3x300s at 400 iso. Images processed in PI and PS (CS3). Minor crop to remove the resin boundary from the mod.

Hope you like

post-14748-0-56089800-1441724643_thumb.p

Lovely image. You captured the faint reflection nebulae that really sets images of M45 of, one of my favourites and one I have yet to do just too.. When you say monotec mod, how was it modified??? 

The monotec mod removes the normal IR filter but goes further by removing the RGGB colour filter mosaic and the micro lensing that cover the sensor - essentially leaving you with a bare sensor, which is sensitive to the whole spectrum UV/IR

That's certainly caught faint stuff Francis and it's an interesting prospect. What image scale were you working at with the small DSLR pixels? Did you mod the camera yourself?

Thanks All for the comments on this. The thanks really need to go to Herra Kuulapaa who did the modification on this camera - I just bought it from him.

Sara - for your question I have taken the easy way out and copied the FoV data given for the telescope/camera combo given in a Sky at Night FoV calculator.

Obviously the sensor is rectangular just look at m42 as an scale indicator

post-14748-0-39456200-1441736239.jpg

Archived