Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart Nebula Ha (first light with Canon 6D monochrome)

Xplode

Season has finally started here in Norway too!

I got some new gear for the season, new mount and i got a Canon 6D debayered so it has now become the Canon 6Dm. 

13x10min unguided @ ISO1600 with TS 100Q with Baader 7nm Ha filter on 10 Micron GM2000 HPS II

I'm very satisified with this being first light, great tracking and round stars altough they could be smaller, the motor focuser didnt work properly which i hope going back to an older driver will fix.

The resolution is much better than with a standard DSLR, i'm very satisified with how the 6Dm performs so far :)

Very light processing in Pixinsight.

Click for larger version

adbebde5c8b52b3e0dfd8d35bc4b36c5.620x0_q

Superb shot!!! Who did the debayer conversion for your 6D?

Thank you.

Brent Oliver (Hypercams & mods) did the mod, he did a great job and because i choose to replace the filter with a Baader filter the camera can be used for daytime photo with 100% autofocus :grin:

great 1st light mate! thats some camera and mount upgrade, results look very nice, must be nice not having to faf about guiding for these 10 min subs :)

Thank you.

Not having to deal with guiding is a great feeling, i finally got a setup i feel can run the whole night without having to worry about something going wrong :smiley:

Thank you.

Brent Oliver (Hypercams & mods) did the mod, he did a great job and because i choose to replace the filter with a Baader filter the camera can be used for daytime photo with 100% autofocus :grin:

Thank you.

Not having to deal with guiding is a great feeling, i finally got a setup i feel can run the whole night without having to worry about something going wrong :smiley:

:) also very nice processing, lovely and subtle :)

Nice one Ole.

There's a lot of stars in your image compared to the one I did fairly recently. My 6D has not been converted to mono of course but I also used a Baader 7nm Ha filter.

My subs were 5 minutes each but my scope/lens is 2x faster @ f/4 so the main difference is ISO1600 vs. ISO800 and the fact that your camera is debayered...just seems like a lot more stars than I got...

Here's mine for comparison:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/250200-heart-nebula-ic-1805-in-h%CE%B1-05x05-binning/

Nice one Ole.

There's a lot of stars in your image compared to the one I did fairly recently. My 6D has not been converted to mono of course but I also used a Baader 7nm Ha filter.

My subs were 5 minutes each but my scope/lens is 2x faster @ f/4 so the main difference is ISO1600 vs. ISO800 and the fact that your camera is debayered...just seems like a lot more stars than I got...

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/250200-heart-nebula-ic-1805-in-h%CE%B1-05x05-binning/

just compared my self, hell of a lot more stars isnt there, both very nice images none the less :)

Nice one Ole.

Thank you.

Your image is really good, i like the larger FOV and how you have processed it. I used 5min on processing so will spend some more time on it when i get more data, hoping for 3 hours more tonight.

I have noticed the large amount of stars myself and i have an image taken for comparison taken with the same scope last year with a 6Da.

10x600s @ ISO3200

37ae30fd6d353b0802e3d6abc4dd008c.620x0_q

I think the debayering made most of the difference. I can see there is a lot more detail in the new pic compared to the old.

Archived