Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

8th August - First test ASI174MM

keramos

Hello All,

I know its a bit late but here is my first attempt of capturing the sun with my new ASI174MM with Thousand Oaks Glass Filter on Celestron 6 SE using FireCapture.

It took me a while to process the data as this was my second attempt especially as I was trying to PhotoMerge to get a full disk image (which was a fail).

I'm using the Celestron Goto to track the sun but I need to be better at capturing the different segements so that PS can combine the images.

Any advice on tracking, captuirng and generating a moasic?

Both images taken at different exposures (just experimenting), in the last picture (sectioned view) there is a circular patch directly above the sun spot, this is cause my the SCT and is there on all images.

Luckily with the attempted full disk, PS seems to have removed it.

Btw are there any recommended settings for sharpening and adding colour in Photoshop?

post-45776-0-75065400-1439199825_thumb.j

post-45776-0-36298100-1439199842_thumb.j

Thanks Dave & xtreemchaos,

And thank you for pointing out to the tutorials, lot of home work to do.

I dont know if that was dust bunnies, I'm a bit mindful if cleaning the optic element. However I did make sure the glass filter was clean.

Its funny you mentioned flats, as I was reading about it yesterday.

http://www.alberts-astro.com/AP_Blog/2009/12/238/

Archived