Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion-Trifid Dual first light Pentax 6x7 200mm and Baader mod D5100

post-37593-0-82498000-1438827134_thumb.j

A brief opportunity between T-storms. Had to try out the new stuff.

Transparency fairly good, seeing fairly bad

Couldn't see North and no time to drift, so just guessed. This led to 90 second limit.

26 x90s ISO 1250 f/5.6 30 darks applied. A moderate crop.

Hopefully, I'll get better with processing one day...

Anyone wanting to take a crack at this, I'll post the unaltered stack on Dropbox in a few.

C&C welcome.

Sorry about the green, not intended.

Here for the stack     https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zm42jt0w43a661/lagoon%20pentax%20200%20-pi.tif?dl=0

Looks like a nice lens Jack.

I have had a little daddle in PI, I'm not an expert.

Ran SNCR, aligned the channels, tweaked the histo and bumped the saturation.

attachicon.giflagoon pentax 200 -pi.jpg

Thanks Mike, and yes that's much better.There really isn't near good data there to do a lot, but I saw a chance and took it. After not being able to image since March, I was feeling the need. :rolleyes: I had no coma right to the edge, but the was a touch of fringing at f/4 which left at f/5.6. I can always cut a mask for it.

It's not that bad considering the short intergration time, it looks fairly clean.

I think you will do really well with that combo for wide images.

Yes, me too Mike. This was at 27C. I think the natural dithering of the bad PA may have helped.

Next shot I get, I'll get the PA good, and go for a couple hours of 5 minute subs. 

Even though I love my OAG for the newt, I'm considering some sort of short guide scope on an ADM dual mount rig.

Took another shot at this with a view of Polaris I did a quick PA and got 13 x200s at ISO 500.

Of course unguided and half of this data is from dodgy subs. NOW I remember why I added GUIDING!

* grumbles as he orders 50mm guide scope and dual mount kit from ADM.

post-37593-0-33379600-1439001340_thumb.j

I must say I'm getting a bit grumpy that stuff on SGL has color balance quite different from my calibrated monitor, or anything posted online including CN or Facebook.

I've heard similar comments from others, so......who's problem is this?

Archived