Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun to snooze in 2030

Luke

I love the "Silent Sun" image in the article :grin:

I think my Quark etalon will have worn out by then :grin:

Scientists warn the sun will 'go to sleep' in 2030 and could cause temperatures to plummet:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3156594/Is-mini-ICE-AGE-way-Scientists-warn-sun-sleep-2020-cause-temperatures-plummet.html

'In cycle 26, the two waves exactly mirror each other – peaking at the same time but in opposite hemispheres of the Sun,' said Zharkova.

'Their interaction will be disruptive, or they will nearly cancel each other.

'We predict that this will lead to the properties of a 'Maunder minimum''

Sounds like a rehash of the BT(?) story that was posted a few weeks back.  I'll see if I can find it as there are references to rather more reasoned articles.

And it uses a headline starting with a question.  The answer is invariably therefore "No" :D

James

I note that in the "headline" bit at the top in bold they say:

Says that between 2030 and 2040 solar cycles will cancel each other out

Then in the second paragraph of text it is:

A new study claims to have cracked predicting solar cycles - and says that between 2020 and 2030 solar cycles will cancel each other out.

So a whole decade difference.

Surely they could have managed to have the same years stated in what amounts to about 8 lines of reporting.

If the report is as consistant they will be saying that temperatures will rise as well as fall

We cant even get our own local weather forecast right let alone something 90 million miles away :laugh: I will put it in my diary and check it out when it comes around.

Archived