Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Obs conversion update

centroid

The project to convert my RoR obsy, to a rotating dome arrangement, has now moved on a bit.

I have now completed the framework for the dome/turret. This comprises 50 separate pieces of wood, 126 saw cuts, of which 108 were angles. :shock:

As the roof is flat, I've made the framework to have a 5 degree fall towards the rear, so the rain will run off in that direction.

The next job will be to construct the roof, sliding hatch (on rollers), and the drop-down door for the front.

The roof will be of 12mm exterior ply, as will the 'sliding hatch'.

The sides of the dome will be clad with T&G cladding.

The 1.8m diameter metal track, 30x30x5mm Angle Iron, was made for by an Engineering company in Lowestoft, and is 'spot on' for size, perfectly circular, and with no kinks or ripples. ;)

Dave

post-13389-13387734063_thumb.jpg

post-13389-133877340635_thumb.jpg

post-13389-133877340641_thumb.jpg

post-13389-133877340646_thumb.jpg

Super job underway there Dave, interesting design.

Look forward to progress and completion reports. Hopefully the weather will now co-operate and allow you to get it done before long.

Mark

Looking good Dave.

I've been long considering converting my ROR to a dome(ish) type of construction too.

Despite screens, the wind is still often a nuisance with no roof.

Like what you're doing ;)

Cheers

Rob

Archived