Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

still cant decide on a scope

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm may try that then. I have been reading up on the atik titan, (good review on here) and it seems a good bet. Heres the theory keep the scope I got, put the dslr on the SA, attach the titan to my scope and use that and see how it goes, reading up on it if i grade up i could always use it as a guide camera. and its not breaking the bank 

After going over it again (and again and again) I think my best option would be to buy a guide scope and a guide camera, I would be increasing my exposure times, while at the same time learning a bit more about astronomy 

I am no imager but know that the scope will be  (or often is) the cheapest aspect if getting into imaging seriously. to be honest, to some extent this is the case with serious visual observing too. I'd decide on your preferred targets (different objects will require different focal length / ratios) and start with a scope which matches that. if you buy a decent mount and filters/CCD then you can always sell / buy another scope if your needs change.

Thx for the reply, I think I am going to get a guide camera I was thinking of something like the QHY IMGOH mono, and a small type scope like the star travel, the plan is I could also do some imaging of planets with it. 

I,m sorry I meant have the star traveller  or (similar) small scope to sit on top of the 150 and put the guide cam on the star traveller to keep my main scope and a DSLR  on track. If I was going to use the guide cam for imaging planets then I would put it straight on the main scope to do so. From what I read so far  that would be my best option, improve the guiding of the scope/mount. Or am I wrong on that?

Archived