Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ImPPG version 0.4 released

New version 0.4 of ImPPG (Image Post-Processor) has been released.

Download from: http://stargazerslounge.com/blog/1400/entry-1808-imppg-image-post-processor/

New features:
- Image sequence alignment via solar limb stabilization
- FITS files support (load/save)
- Zooming in/out of the view

Enhancements:
- View scrolling by dragging with the middle mouse button
- Logarithmic histogram setting is preserved

Bug fixes:
- Tone curve in gamma mode not applied during batch processing

Limb alignment is finally here - for animations that show a lot (the more, the better) of the limb. While the regular phase correlation alignment tends to keep your sunspots/proms/filaments stationary and moves the limb around, this will keep the disc steady (to show the rotation nicely).

Let me demonstrate on my last year's surge animation; the first link uses phase alignment, the other – limb alignment:

get.jpg
get.jpg

Note that for now it will not work for eclipse shots.

The function expects input images with the disc brighter than the background, without strong vignetting or exaggerated limb darkening (e.g. during processing). So if you want to make them fully or part-inverted (or strongly darkened using low gamma), you must do it after the alignment. However, the images should be already sharpened before alignment (it will work on unsharpened stacks, but not as well).

In other news, FITS format is now supported (including alignment input/output). When saving, you can choose 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit floating-point.

Last but not least, the quite obvious feature of zooming the view in/out has been added. You can do it similarly to popular graphics apps: via menu, toolbar buttons or by using Ctrl+mouse wheel. The view can be also scrolled by dragging it with the middle mouse button (usually the wheel).

Screenshots:

post-17321-0-67553200-1434912955_thumb.p

post-17321-0-20239100-1434912964.png

I seem to be having a problem finding saved images after processing with ImPPG is this a know issue or a new one ?? The software processes the image fine and shows it saved in the location but using Windows 7or any other program other than paint and I can't find it ?? I can save it to desktop but it's not there yet it shows in ImPPG when I go to save it again. I can from the save menu open the image with CS6 but CS6 then crashes ?

Any suggestions as I did have ImPPG working for a short while and the results are good. Nothing has been change other than I guess updates so I can't figure out why I can no longer find ImPPG processed images.

I seem to be having a problem finding saved images after processing with ImPPG is this a know issue or a new one ?? The software processes the image fine and shows it saved in the location but using Windows 7or any other program other than paint and I can't find it ?? I can save it to desktop but it's not there yet it shows in ImPPG when I go to save it again. I can from the save menu open the image with CS6 but CS6 then crashes ?

Any suggestions as I did have ImPPG working for a short while and the results are good. Nothing has been change other than I guess updates so I can't figure out why I can no longer find ImPPG processed images.

Make sure you're saving as 16bit Tiffs.

Dave

Archived