Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New William Optics scopes incoming!

$9k sounds a lot but a 6" triplet APO for £4,500 is pretty darn cheap when you consider the Tak 6" is almost £2k more. My kidneys are on ebay as we speak :angry:.

I don't think we'll get the $2=£1 exchange rate though. Probably nearer £6000 over here.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it goes Gaz you're quite right, it wasn't a true reflection I posted although WO stuff isn't too bad on the uk exchange rate. Anything under £5,500 would be pretty good but I wager nearer £6k is more accurate.

Tony..

Who started a thread titled "I Hate William Optics".

WO

could at least wait a couple of years to allow people to get some use out of the instruments they have only just had a few months. All this temptation, It's the Devils work I tell you.

Ron. :angry:

" Who started a thread titled "I Hate William Optics". "

Twas me.

They bring out so much lovely stuff, too often, damn them. :(:p:)

Get thee behind me, Satan. :headbang:

Andy.

:angry: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Whippy's image took me on a Google images tour of Espadas, Maserati Mistrals, Boras and Meraks, Alfa Montreals and some cool Countachs from the good old days when having a cat under the car was a bad thing rather than a necessity. All even more expensive than the 'scopes.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Jst noticed the new Megrez 88mm is listed on Ian Kings site now for £519. :shocked: That seems a decent price. Wonder what the colour correction is like, cause it's mighty fast at F5.6 !! I'm sure the M72mm is F6 ?

Andy. :wave:

If it wasn't, at F5.6, I would reckon it may be a bit Jimi Hendrix.

Andy.

I think youre right (esp given the price) but the 110 Megrez was FPL- 51 and f6 ish. A 88mm f5.6 would give similar colour correction with the same optics.

I am hearing that the focuser on the new FLT98 CF APO triplet is a bit special. Officially it is a '2.5 inch Linear Power focuser'. It appears to be an enhanced Rack & Pinion design where the rack is reinforced with metal rails. Reports say that it looks and feels incredible! My own Pentax 75 SDHF has a remarkably well made R&P focuser, perhaps this new one from WO will be even better 8)

I see the 88 has arrived. Looks pretty nifty. What's happening with the 90? Seems like a bit of a strange marketing tactic to have a 88 and a 90.

Steve, why do you have to throw loads of options in my 'bucket'. First the SW80ED, now this!

I see the 88 has arrived. Looks pretty nifty. What's happening with the 90?

Have heard that the 98mm is due end of June / early July

Steve, why do you have to throw loads of options in my 'bucket'. First the SW80ED, now this!

I know what you mean, the APO refractor market is a little crowded.

Archived