Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

question for the DIY peeps on here

Greetings all!  This might be a dumb question. In fact it might be a completely dumb idea but here goes anyway.  I am going to create a binocular mount for my helios 15x70 bins, cheaply, using n alt-az mount I never use and a monopod with a trigget grip ball head.  You might  get the picture?  My alt az mount is a similar one to the vixen deluxe with the funny arm arrangement like you see on small celestron goto scopes and the monopod will be attached to the arm. These are heavy bins, about 7lbs so I am wondering what would be the ideal amount of counterweight at the bottom end of the monopod?  Given that I can adjust the distance if the weight by extending the monopod section........if you know what I mean?

Thanks for reading everyone

clear skies

(I'm saving for a parallelogram mount and tripod, they don't come cheap!)

This is a bit like how long is piece of string ? I think the only way for you to come up with some sort of a solution, is to jerry rig the bits if you can, with something like Gaffer tape, then by trial and error with various weights, you should come up with an answer. Good luck with your project :)

Archived