Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Approaching!!

Hi all

Just wanted to share the exciting (well, to me anyway!!) news that I will finally have an OTA to adorn my lonely EQ3-2 mount by the weekend!

I settled on a SW ST102 in the end. It ticked all the short term boxes for ease of use, portability and cost while I look, save for and plan my longer term goal of an AP set up. Am also thinking that when the time comes I can use it as a guide scope as well, while also keeping the ‘lil EQ3 for keep obs sessions.

The scope came up on ABS the other day. It’s coming with an AZ3 mount, so am planning on selling that to recoup £20 or so from the £120 I’m spending. So apologies in advance to anyone in the Derby area if the clouds come over on Friday night – you can blame me lol!!

Sorry – just a bit excited about it all!!

hi Nige,nice scope your getting it should be cool to get some nice pics, a mate of mine has one and he gets some cracking pics of the planets and clusters ect.good luck with your new scope and i wish you clear skys.charl.

Archived