NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I picked this up today

JemC

Good evening :smiley:

Over the last couple of weeks I have been without a mount for my pier, so after quite a bit of umming and arring as to whether to get a mount with goto or not I decided not or more like current finances decided :sad:

so in the end I plumped for this, and picked it up today :smiley:

post-35855-0-14970000-1433801212_thumb.j

Now I don't intend to put anything bigger than my 130p-ds/camera on this (although that could change in  the future)

Quite impressed with the overall quality of it compared to the EQ5 I used to have, feels a lot more solid and a bit beefier

will probably be weekend (weather permitting) before I actually get to try it out and see how it performs/tracks,

Regards

I have exactly the same mount, black non-goto version!

I'm happy with mine, tracks good, sturdy. Stepper motors makes it quiet.

Now that i have started with AP i sure wish i had goto though, it's hard to point it on the faint fuzzies when i cant even see them!

It holds my 6" newt with no issues so your 5" should be no problem.

Clear skies!

Me too! - actually I've now bought the goto upgrade - which replaces the motors & circuits.  A 2nd hand black HEQ5 + goto upgrade (so new motors & electronics) works out quite a bit cheaper than buying a new HEQ5pro, depending on what you paid for yours. 

Me too! - actually I've now bought the goto upgrade - which replaces the motors & circuits.  A 2nd hand black HEQ5 + goto upgrade (so new motors & electronics) works out quite a bit cheaper than buying a new HEQ5pro, depending on what you paid for yours. 

Not sure if I paid over the odds for it or not? but to be honest I was happy with the price as he was asking for more..

I paid £220

I will run with it as is for now but no doubt I will probably look at the upgrade later :rolleyes:

Sorry for hijacking the thread but i was wondering if you could share how difficult it was to upgrade it with the goto kit? I have been thinking of doing that also.

Not sure if I paid over the odds for it or not? but to be honest I was happy with the price as he was asking for more..

I paid £220

I will run with it as is for now but no doubt I will probably look at the upgrade later :rolleyes:

Thats a good price! i gave ~400£ for my used a few years back.

I paid £220

I agree with Huskvarna, that's a great price (I paid £250 including delivery).  

Sorry for hijacking the thread but i was wondering if you could share how difficult it was to upgrade it with the goto kit? I have been thinking of doing that also.

I didn't find it difficult to install.  I took my time and worked through the instructions after reading them through a couple of times.  There's a thread on here somewhere where someone documents installing the kit and I read through that too.  I did think about sending it to Astro-tek http://www.astrotecuk.co.uk/index.html since I figured they could service the mount at the same time but I'm glad I had a go myself.

The instructions for fitting the upgrade kit can be found here: http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/documents/167.pdf

Archived