Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best way to install/attach C11 scope to mount.

I recently upgraded to a celestron C11 scope and have the AZEQ6 mount on which to mount it.

My question is - what is the best way to get that rascal on the mount?..

I have put it on by sitting the scope on the mount and getting it to fit in/between the jaws of the mount. It worked n

But seemed awkward.

Also I tried and finally was able to slide it on the mount which took some patience in finding the groves in the mount. Awkward again . Wish I could see where the scope sits so I could properly mate it with the groves..

Anyway... I was wondering how others might be mounting their scope. I presume that since you can't see where the scope fits or is trying to fit when you are trying to mount it, that you have to use your hands to feel where the slots/groves are..

Must be a simple tested way..

If you have a mounting bar bolted directly to the tube I don't think you can do things much differently. You can buy tube rings and fit these to a dovetail bar, you can then fit the bar /rings first, open the rings and then offer up the tube. Rings of this size though are not cheap.

https://www.astronomics.com/parallax-13-6-inch-tube-rings-for-meade-12-acf-or-sct_p5298.aspx

I use my C11 on an NEQ6.

A wide ADM dovetail (with MANDATORY safety stop block!!) sitting in an ADM saddle plate.

Works 100%

Re fitting the scope.....

Set the mount with the saddle pointing to the pole, open the "jaws" of the saddle to clear the dovetail, drop the dovetail into the saddle and allow it to slide until the safety block rests on the top edge of the saddle. At this point the safety bar is taking all the weight....just tighten the saddle clamps. Job done.

• 2 months later...

Archived