Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another night of Jupiter, and my first glimpse of Saturn!

Gutross

tonight was a good night, took a quick glance at venus, spent a few minutes looking at jupiter 4 moons and clear bands, very nice to see.

spent some time trying to find some Messier objects with absolute failure, the alignment on the mount is all messed up, cant wait to get the cables to update the handheld!

So i decided that it might be remote, but still a possibility to catch Saturn

and there she was, Perfect separation of rings and planet, truly a sight to behold!

I did snap some pictures with my point and shoot camera, a bit fuzzy but i can see the definition of the rings!

post-44600-0-22822500-1433479023_thumb.j

post-44600-0-92952500-1433479026.jpg

Nice ones!

I was out yesterday evening/night observing as well with my new 4" F12 Achro, and some ES82´s.

First looks at Venus and Jupiter. And later Saturn as the two others were down below the treetops and hedges.

Saturn just got better and better as it darkened more. I think that I might have seen Cassini and some belts on the planet itself. Fascinating, and I could have stayed out for more hours to see more details. But my little son wakes up at around 6 am - so I had to leave the scene too early ..

Best Regards,

Anders

Archived