NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn 03/06/15 Variable Seeing.

PJW66

Started imaging around 11:30pm  with the planet hanging over nearby chimneys. The seeing would be ok one minute,then really poor the next. Decided to lower the framerate down to about 18fps with the gain set at 57 in Firecapture,and exposure around 40ms.Histogram was touching the 50% mark most of the time. This run was 6 minutes 26 seconds with around 7500 frames.Best 65 % stacked with 1.5x drizzle.Used AstraImage 3 and Image Analyser for deconvolution and selective noise reduction. I'm really happy that this has turned out quite nice considering the shocking seeing i was watching on my live feed! 

Cheers,Phil

post-42932-0-30722500-1433433301.png

Thanks everyone who commented.
I may try slightly more magnification if i can get reasonable seeing in the next few weeks. At the moment i'm imaging @ F17 but i'm thinking i could push it a bit to F20-F25 . I know the ASI120 works best below f20 but i'll see how it goes one evening.

Cheers,Phil

Very nice, I've been trying lower gain with slower frame rates against high gain and faster frame rates but not really seeing much difference between 40% and 80% gain ...

Yours has come out nicely

Archived