Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help me choose a couple of new eyepieces

Hi all

Looking at purchasing an eyepiece or 2 for planetary viewing on my SW 120ed

At the moment i have whats below in my signature and want to upgrade from my BST 5mm and 3.2 Eyepiece's

The 2.5 x Powermate is fantastic and already gives me gives me 6mm 8mm 10mm 12.8mm with the TeleVue Plossl's i have.

Looking for something in the 3.5-5mm range , thing is do i get a TeleVue Delos 10mm which will give me 4mm with the Powermate or go straight for a Delos 4.5mm or 3.5mm for Planetary viewing on exceptional nights.

Any other recommendations welcome....

Paul

The Apparent FoV of the Tele Vue Nagler zoom remains contstant at 50 degrees through the whole range of the zoom. The true field of view you get will vary as the magnification increases or decreases.

The optical quality is excellent - a very good match for your Tele Vue plossls :smiley:

I've owned a couple of them.

I use a nag zoom and it does give great results. Probably not quite up to Delos standards, but you have the flexibility of tuning to different seeing conditions. If the seeing maxes out at 4mm, you will get a better view with the Nag than a 3.5 or 4.5 Delos.

Fov stats the same, and the eye relief is quite comfortable too.

Hi John

All good here ....aAthough view is rubbish tonight lol

Guess thats why were all on the forum tonight

Seems a Nagler zoom is next on my list of things to purchase

Paul

Archived