NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is it worth it

nightfisher

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi nightfisher.. great scope for video work, carl reade use, s one if I remember correctly and has produced some great video images. .you will be up and running I jig time with one if these scopes. Davy

Hi nightfisher.. great scope for video work, carl reade use, s one if I remember correctly and has produced some great video images. .you will be up and running I jig time with one if these scopes. Davy

honestly it's easier now to get into video astronomy,four years ago it was a different story,the va section on here was a pretty lonely place to be,spent a fortune on learning the hard way..but technology was changing fast, kit that was getting used when I first got in to it was hard to get and funny money when you did find it,plenty of research and experiments over the years have paid off and I now find I come up with weirder and weirder kit getting bought and modded for astronomy use, and given the correct advice it is a pretty small step now going from long exposure a/p to video..the cheapest of scopes can give the big boys toys a run for the money, strap on a half decent video camera and we can have the finest near live image or live image in the fastest of times, where,s the benefit .. everywhere with va...cheap scope, a tracking mount, a £50 cctv camera,a cable,couple of adapters,an £18 usb grabber.can give you fantastic views and captures,run your kit through a few bits of software and I have seen broadcasts on nsn that you would have thought came from the hubble,,but in jig time.job done.. that's all you need apart from a few nudges in the right direction..yeah we can go hi tech like the rest of the big boys,bigger goto mounts twin scopes,remote astronomy multiple screens.. multi camera arrays.

why the big spiel,because if I can do it anybody can,ive been a gas monkey for thirty two years from an poor background and every penny was a prisoner.. so im shure a talented guy who throws a wagon about all week can blitz it no prob :)

Just thought i would say... i am a thick wagon driver so it will take me ages to get used to using a video set up, but should be fun getting used to it

If you want to meet up and compare notes at some point Jules I am only in Burnley, (thats outside Yorkshire  :grin: ), I would be happy to do so.

Could meet at a halfway house even.

Just a thought

Steve

when is the ster party mate, I could do with a sesh at a dark spot!

August 21-23 at moorgarth camp site, there is a thread in star parties but titled grassington as that was the original idea for a place to hold one

• 2 weeks later...

when is the ster party mate, I could do with a sesh at a dark spot!

Steve, have you seen the star party thread? any thoughts on it? my mate, another Steve will be coming and he is doing the video astro as well  :grin:

I am about ready for trying this out, got the camera, EZcap, power lead, 130p ds............just need some clear skies and some time

Looks like i am getting another 130p ds newt so fast scope sorted, just hope the video cam will focus in this scope

I've got one of these, and can get prine focus well with my Pentax DSLR, and my Philips SPC900 webcam too, so you should be good.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

... a £50 cctv camera,a cable,couple of adapters,an £18 usb grabber.can give you fantastic views and captures,run your kit through a few bits of software and I have seen broadcasts on nsn that you would have thought came from the hubble...

Aha! Been pondering the Video to USB question for a 1004Xa I bought years ago. Might just go for the modest looking one on ebuyer. It has RCA and S-Video too. And to think I nearly lashed out a ton on an Imaging Source astro specific one! [emoji15] [emoji106]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Archived