NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My 80 euros moon ecologic moon observatory

indyanhorse

Hello everybody. I'm testing  my backyard observatory which stayed 1 year under the rain and snow. No problems so i'm using it every week now.

I choosed the roll off system because i have a "historical monument " near my house and it is forbidden to construct something hard,

unless i have plenty of authorisations difficult to obtain ( in france we like papers). Moreover the historical monument is a blast furnace,

it's formal beauty could have been destructed by my 1Meter square observatory.

No jokes, i choosed this system when reading the Thierry Legault book, which describe the turbulences due to materials, wood concrete, grass,

so the telescope is 1-2 meters far from potential heat.

The observatory is put on six wheels with brakes, has 4 panels , the door has a little opening, and the observatory looks like a wood pile.

The wood is made of isolation parts for tubes and the wood circles are made from pop corns plastic, painted. styrodur ploystyren

and plastic make the isolation inside the observatory. The pier is a natural tree remain, and i have another pier of concrete made for the etx 125

for urgent positionning ( im member of the lunar ALPO dept. ).

14773-1432042240.jpg

14773-1432042270.jpg

14773-1432042293.jpg

My children helped me by eating popcorn.
14773-1432042335.jpg

14773-1432043183.jpg

Archived