SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Yet another M13 :)

trevboyd

Haven't been able to get out for ages now with hoidays and then weather :(, but Saturday night was a good one. Spent a lot of time on M51 (image to follow) and then spotted Hercules rising above the neighbours' rooftop, so had a quick go at it. I'm quite pleased, but the background feels too bright and it feels like there's a lack of contrast because of it.

Canon 350D, SkyWatcher 120mm f/8.3 achro, EQ5 SynScan. Stack of 21 frames of 10s, 15s and 20s @ ISO-1600.

5168_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Trev

I hope you don't mind Trev, I've had a dabble with you picture as I need the practice. Maybe others will too, and improve on my effort.

Ron.

5199_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Hi Ron - no problem at all! :( Feel free to "dabble" as much as you like! That's a big improvement - what did you do to remove the background? I can post the TIF output from DSS if you'd like to practice further.

Trev

I just used levels in CS3, together with a bit of sharpening. Actually I shocked myself, as I am no expert at image processing. I just remembered what others have been saying, and did the same. I thank you for the offer, but I will need to understand better what is taking place with these tools, so I can give a proper explanation of what I am doing when asked. :(

There are so many plug ins available for Astro image processing too, but all need to be understood, and my knowledge absorbsion is slowing up. :D

Ron. :shocked:

Maybe others will too, and improve on my effort.

Well, Ron was right :( I cannot afford to let the opportunity to play with good data to slip away, since I cannot image myself for a while :insects1: So, here it goes :D I too hope it's fine with you Trev.. It's a really lovely image, and I am sure there is much more to pull out than what I did :shocked:

Marius

5241_normal.jpeg

(please gently click the image)

and the center only (it was easier to edit that way)

5242_normal.jpeg

(please gently click the image)

P.S. I've noticed the image lost quite a big deal of sharpness and colour after uploading.. :?

Archived