Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Shaky 1st photo of M13 from London

sammak127

I was really pushing my luck trying to see M13 from my flat's rooftop in north London with a 127 Mak on a Supatrak mount... But I felt very inspired by having spotted M13 for the first time through the binoculars recently, so I thought I would try and find it in the scope next.

So this picture is really just commemorating viewing it in the scope for the first time, rather than pretending it is an amazing photo, which it clearly is not. :rolleyes:

post-44153-0-19070700-1431605042_thumb.j

thanks for the encouragement John,

no it was a 500d attached directly.. but it was about a 10 second exposure, which was plenty of time for all manner of shaking to take place... (+ I hadn't set it up very carefully either)

It's nice to have something to remember your first M13 viewing. I remember mine as one of those real 'WOW' moments. I clearly remember saying 'wow' out loud!

I'm afraid you have started on the very slippery slope to astrophotography! :biggrin:

pyrasanth well that is kind of you to suggest, though the difference is impressively evident. What a great picture.

I had another go from a much darker sky in wiltshire this weekend, where M13 looked amazing, but I was too busy trying to photograph Saturn. Similarly amateurish yet highly pleasing results.

I don't think its about the quality of the final image. The fun is in the chase. Somebody commented why do you bother to take pictures when you can download them from the internet. The answer is always the same- much satisfaction is given from your original work & its the chase- not the kill that is the most gratifying. I have expensive equipment & the image I have posted has been constructively criticised. It is too green & the core is burnt out. I can correct these issues & repost when I get time. 

Archived