Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Coffee and Proms 13 May

Owmuchonomy

All set up to catch the breakfast sun. At last we have clear skies here. Forest of Proms looks good with many fine strands resolved in my new Baader 10mm. All spots, various regions, look quite 'small' but I'm new to this game. Spot left of centre has a very distinctive filament close by. Hope I've got my terminology correct.

Very nice views here of the forest proms. Seeing isn't brilliant, but still they look great. Plenty of surface detail going on too

Not sure if it's my eyes but just been trying to do a mosaic and seeing, on screen at any rate, seems to have improved since I started.

Dave

Will go and have another look!

EDIT I reckon you are right Dave, still a bit wavey at times, but the detail visible in the large prom when it is stable is stunning. Surface detail equally good too, you just get lost in all the swirls! (That's about as far as my technical descriptions go! :) )

Just been admiring the full disc in the LS60 DS, it looks like the lumberjacks are moving into the forest, seems to be collapsing on one side :)

Dave

On the lower end its turning into a filaprom, you can see it over the limb, looks quite 3D. Nice

On the lower end its turning into a filaprom, you can see it over the limb, looks quite 3D. Nice

Yes, definitely coming onto the disc now. All the ARs look active in the LS60.

Dave

Archived