Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APT needs beta testers

Yoddha

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news Peter!

Small update: Please make sure that you are installing PlateSolve in a path without spaces. Something like "C:\AstroSoft\PlateSolve2". Will fix this for the next beta or for the official version :)

Starlight1,  

Sorry, maybe I don't understand you :( At this stage PointCraft can't identify the object name, just the coordinates of the image center. When PointCraft is open please use the "Objects" buttons in this dialog because there is added logic :)

Did "Solve" button worked for you?

Does the plate solving works whitout a connected mount?

There is no need of mount to solve an image :) But in this case you will just see the orientation of the image and the coordinates of its center...

Starlight1,  

Sorry, maybe I don't understand you :( At this stage PointCraft can't identify the object name, just the coordinates of the image center. When PointCraft is open please use the "Objects" buttons in this dialog because there is added logic :)

Did "Solve" button worked for you?

OK I start again from notes made at the time.

THe plate solver didn't worked for me.

I used some pictures I had taken some months ago.

I selected the correspondent object (in this example, the eta carina nebula), but it failed (and it says SLOVING instead of SOLVING)

post-35408-0-61033000-1431122031_thumb.p

Any thoughts?

The problem comes form one strange issues in PS2. If you set from Control Panel the decimal character to be "dot" instead of "comma" it will work fine :) 

Just notified PlaneWave about this situation...

Oh this is exciting, I will try this out next week when my new mount arrives. I could never get astro tortilla to work properly, maybe now I can finish some images I started a long time ago!

ran 25 tests so far (simulated but i guess that wont make a difference)  and every solve is between 25 and 30 seconds. well done Ivo.

question. will the centre FOV at position do that thing i asked you a while ago about centering a star on APTs crosshairs?

was when i was using alignmaster (dont use it now but hey) about being able to select a star from the camera image and have APT put it exactly in the crosshairs. would be very useful for drift aligning and setting sync points.

Archived