Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APT needs beta testers

Yoddha

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Runing more test over the weekend all working well at part 1 go, taking computer into observatory today and running test  giving it photos from  old plate solve

But with out clear sky I can say any more then that . Was useing photos form 1100d 3200 @2s give me solve in a round 10s to 17s useing a round 270 Stars to 528 Stars.  will do full test as and when Sky clear.

M81/82, M51,M101,

Back in the shed today playing,  Things I am finding odd.

1    Every time I open the program it do not rember focal length  all the rest work right from the start.

2     in gear you have the go to RA & DEC box ,If I try to put in let say ( RA 05:35:16) & (DEC -05:40.05 ) in ,    I can only put (RA) as( 05:35) no more room and with( DEC) as (-05:4 )

it I go by the objects list it add all the RA & DEC  from the list.

Sorry still no clear skys and with only 2 hours of dark nights its a little window to work in when it clear up.

Thank you!

I'll investigate point 1 usually it works fine. Do you have problem with other values that are not saved - Object Name, Bulb Second?

For point 2 you should be able to continue to enter the numbers no matter that there is no room. I would suggest to uncheck the option "Settings->Advanced->Bigger UI Fonts"

Thank you!

I'll investigate point 1 usually it works fine. Do you have problem with other values that are not saved - Object Name, Bulb Second?

For point 2 you should be able to continue to enter the numbers no matter that there is no room. I would suggest to uncheck the option "Settings->Advanced->Bigger UI Fonts"

Only that one do not save. point 2 still the same can not enter any more them (14:03:) then a blep sound

Does the focus length only apply when the camera is connected?  I think 100% of the errors on setting up are on my part, trying to familiarise myself with the programme, but I am quite

confident now after 2 days of testing in daylight making sure the mount isnt going somewhere I don't want it to.  I am quite happy now to set the programme to run without me being there.

I see your programme has an autofocus as well, so will be nice to give that a run at the same time.  No more updates until part 2 is completed.

Good news that the problems are resolved :)

About your question. The focal length is used in many place:

- In Object Calculator to show FOV size and Object Size

- In Object Browser to calculate the object size in pixels

- In PointCraft to determine the FOV size

useing Camera 11ood +HEQ5 mount+ EQMOD+ gps.

2 sec photo at 6400 plate solve done , new RA & DEC come up in Plate Solving Results.     Done two runs with and with-out Sync,Look like Star was holding with Sync .

Store only works in full program.

Center FOV at position box,       Goto++ do not work at all with any  RA OR DEC inputs.  Can not rember if it was  AIM or Solved box  the camera is taking a photo  but can not see it, all boxs turn black and its trying to do something in Point Craft was running for over 10 mins so i stop it,

Try off setting Star to see if the mount move  with Goto++  no still not working.

Got a Export log I can send you it any help.

Think I work out why the GOTO++ was not working last night, after plate solving was done, will try again to night,     PS I done a plate solved in LV it done it in 11sec useing 415 Stars by useing a photo  it was 9sec useing 250 Stars.

Thank to your feedback a lot of things have been fixed and here is the new beta 2.86 :)

The main instructions are still here: http://aptforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=407

And the list of the changes are:
-The installation folder of PlateSolve can contain spaces
-There is no problem when the decimal symbol is comma - ","
-New PointCaft setting - Pause between the Goto++ images
-Fixed is the bug with EOS camera is used (APT was crashing)
-PointCaft ask if you want to Sync before GoTo++ if there is solved image
-Fixed is the bug not allowing to enter negative Dec
-Fixed are the warning messages for SBIG cameras
-Fixed are some unreported bugs :)
-New PointCaft setting - "Images from Newtonian scope" - this is required to be enabled if you want to use Aim and GoTo++ with images taken with Newtonian.

Thank you very much for your help!

NEW 2.86 update, 

PointCaft ask if you want to Sync before GoTo++ if there is solved image (working)

PointCaft setting - Pause between the Goto++ images (working)

Every thing is working Solved,Goto++,RA & DEC inputs all ok

photo all ways out of centre by 3mm to the left.

APT stop working,   done restart and it shut down again,   next restart all working ok.

alI I had done was going to open Focus aid program was in stand by at time-----  eqmod on, camera on, focus on, that all .

Only got a hour in tonight . try more thing out if sky clear.

Much obliged!

The photo is off the center after GoTo++ or by default? Did you tried GoTo++.

One more question. The crash happened only when you opened Focus Aid? No other problematic situations?

The crash happened only when you opened Focus Aid? (yes)

Goto++ work ok , It go to the RA/DEC inputs and move the mount , take new photo and run a check and move again , come up as all done but all ways 3mm out to the left side.

I was trying to see why the focuser was ajusting it self  ever time goto++ was taking a new photo , so after I done a little run nice round Stars, but I did not set any  focus up at any time .

So Atp was not running any programs  , had photo up still from the run, went to open Focus Aid  and it  shut the program down . I  reopen APT started up and it shut back down at the point when its looking  for EQMOD, FOCUSER, stop it that point.

I was useing focus Aid before the new update 2.86 ( Edit  to post )

OK reset to 50 was 100 , I see how that go.

Trying to get Apt to shut down again  just on the computer and its a NO?  So I try focus Aid again next time from the mount. may be just a one off thing . but still report if something not working

no point in testing if not.

Thanks for your help and hard work geting it running.

Archived