Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mon 4th Solar

Pig

I managed to catch a few rays this morning inbetween the clouds.

The huge filament is still going strong across most of the surface and this is surrounded by some lovely granulation and the usual boiling plasma. 

I switched to the other scope with the HW in to take a look at the large group of sunspots, there is usually some great detail to be seen when so many sunspots are huddled in such a close vicinity of each other and this group are no exception :smiley:

Back with the Ha, there is a very fine looping prom in the 1 O'clock position that looks like it has either just burst at the seems or is just about to, there are also a few more smallish proms dotted around and hugging the limb, but nothing to spectacular. The bright area of plage that is surrounding the sunspots also looks like it maybe about to pop and should look pretty good when it reaches the limb, hopefully the approaching clouds won't get in the way.    

Very nice report, Shaun. I've left my gear outside too, hoping for another gap so I can image some white light. It's been interesting testing Sarah's new Quark. A nice bonus, I found a 32mm Plossl that I lost yesterday. It was in a kitchen cupboard!! :-o I dread to think what I will find in the eyepiece case... :D

Very nice report, Shaun. I've left my gear outside too, hoping for another gap so I can image some white light. It's been interesting testing Sarah's new Quark. A nice bonus, I found a 32mm Plossl that I lost yesterday. It was in a kitchen cupboard!! :-o I dread to think what I will find in the eyepiece case... :D

Took me two weeks to find my portable USB drive after my wife  " tidied it up " for me while I was at SGLX :)

She denied all knowledge of seeing it and when I found it said " Oh that, didn't know that was what you meant "

Dave

I just got back from the sauna.... perfect timing as the sun has come out again...I will just go and see what is happening, it sounds as though the prominence is growing :smiley:

Archived