Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepiece case recommendations ?

This is the general recommendation, and most people I have been with use it/

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/flight-case-with-foam-n70ap?gclid=CLPf_PLIncUCFTCWtAod3zIAkA

It has foam blocks which you can either cut out, or just squash down to make shapes for your stuff. I can attach a picture but only when I get home, but im sure many others will have pictures of their cases for you to see what I mean.

Matt

I purchased an aluminium flight case from ebay for £20. 400x240x125 with foam insets that you can cut out to the size of your own preference. I'm happy with it as it feels strong and holds all my bits to date. The only thing with the aluminum/metal cases is that they dew up which I read on SGL somewhere after I purchased it lol! Not sure about the strong plastic cases though. Might try one of those in future.

Anything that holds your eyepieces safely is good enough. No need to spend loads of money, I made one out of some wood cutoffs and some brass fittings I had lying around. It's a bit small- only holds 4 (Televue) plossls- but it looks nice! My other case I rescued from from the works bin, it used to hold an Olympus borescope, now home to some far more useful items!

Thanks everyone for your help and info.

I looked at the set of three on offer at Maplin's but (the display models at least) were quite flimsy with poorly fitting lids with flexible hinges.

In the end I bought this .... a bit bulky but just the job. It's very sturdy with loads of foam. There is no lock on the lid but the catches are very firm.

Dave

Archived