NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

first moon pic

mazza

which would be a good all round filter for lunar and planets

I'd think, you shouldn't worry to much about moon filter for imaging, since you can correct exposure times instead, and faster shutter means less movement in a picture :D. Although for full-moon observation a neutral density filter would be good idea, since it is REALLY bright.

And what a nice first image BTW. really good detail. Moon sure is a nice fellow to be photographed :( and good luck in your further imaging

P.S.: welcome to SGL :shocked:

P.P.S.: nice edit SR too!

Marius

AH THANKS EVERYONE ONLY PROBLEM IS I CAN'T ADJUST SHUTTER SPEED,HOW DID YOU EDIT THAT SHOT

The simplest thing is to adjust brightness and contrast in any of image editing software, or even better, if you have CS2 (photoshop) you can even adjust the exposure times, which would be a substitute for a different shutter speeds :D Although I think SR is a master on moon processing here :(

Marius

HOW DID YOU EDIT THAT SHOT

I have photoshop elements 2 which is very good for adjusting the lighting and contrast in an image therefore enhancing the detail (thanks though Marius :( ) That mju300's a nice looking camera. Am sure it could get some really nice lunar images with a neutral grey filter in the scopes eyepiece. My old 1.3 phone even worked quite well with a celestron #58A green filter. Just helps to take the edge off when using a full auto camera as the moon is very bright 8)

HTH :D

Cheers

Matthew(SR)

Archived