Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ls60tha & WO BINOVIEWERS

Solar_observer

I took a look through Bino viewers during the recent solar eclipse and have to say I was most impressed. I then looked into getting a pair and after a little research it was brought to my attention that bino's can effectively reduce the aperture of your scope due to all the light lost through the normal inefficiency of prisms. This might be ok when you have a large scope and your looking at something like the sun in WL or the moon but I'd give it some thought when aperture is already at a premium.

Skem,

It can be quite an acquired taste, some love it some cant get on with it.  I have used them and the views are very spectacular but unfortunately my Roman konk gets in the way and I found them to be a little cumbersome to set up  :grin: 

Focusing can be an issue with some scopes but they are generally supplied with a barlow to combat this problem. I have only used them with a 150mm SCT whilst viewing the Moon.

I use binoviewers a lot and with a Herschel Wedge on my 4" APO I get fantastic views. However, your question is about binoviewers and a Lunt 60tha. I am pretty sure that Luke and Sarah had this scope and I tried my binoviewers when they attended a SGL star party. There was not enough inward travel to gain focus so you need to check that out before buying the binos.

Perhaps Luke will confirm my memory.

Hi Skem, only just noticed your post, I bought some Revelation binos to try on the LS60 but I think I'm one of those that can't get on with them, I'm taking them to Hurstmonceux SP to see what others think, meant to take them to SGLX but managed to forget them  :sad:

Dave

Archived