NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn, this morning.

cotterless45

A long clear night, finished up with Saturn. It's small, needed to start at x240 to tease out the details. The first thing to notice is that the belt is so face on , it clips both poles. This looks stunning.

A couple of dark areas to the surface and Cassini all the way around. It's quite low from here, hanging around Scorpius . A lovely sight,

Nick.

Nice report Nick, I saw saturn this morning myself, through the window as I got up to load some more wood on the heating system.  It is not well placed for me but accetpable, must be difficult observing looking through all that atmosphere.

Always meant to ask Nick and a little of topic but have you ever split Antares?

Alan

Sadly I'm going to have to be mobile to see Saturn now. It'll be around 2028 before I see it from my garden again, it's much too low. Ditto Jupiter after next years apparition - 2023 I think - so I'm making the best of it now.

James

Archived