NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LRGB is fastest!

ollypenrice

Hehheh, just being provocative! However, with guest Kris Delcourte we spent a mere 4.5 hours on the Leo Triplet in the relatively slow F7 TEC 140 Triplet Apo and Atik 11000 mono with Baader filters. This is not posted as a giant long distance effort, just a 4.5 hour quickie, but I hope it will challenge the idea that LRGB in mono cameras is slow. It isn't, it's fast. Sorry about the crop and some rough edges in a quick process.

Leo%20Triplet%20TEC140%20Les%20Granges%2

Full size (but bear in mind horrible JPEG lesses. The TIFF is cleaner.)

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-JHqCSs7/0/O/Leo%20Triplet%20TEC140%20Les%20Granges%204.5%20Hrs.jpg

Olly

Fantastic. I'm sure I can see several galaxies in that shot!

I certainly hope you can see three... :grin:

Yes, lots of fuzzies which a head banging exposure should pull out. Thee are some quasars near the Hamburger, too, I think.

Olly

4.5 hours!

I 'bagged em' in just 300 seconds with only on shot.....

DSCF6842_1024_zpsd70f01c2.jpg

.....addmittedly not as well.

Ah, but you have to go for the tail or it doesn't count! That's a good thirty seconds' worth though. No doubt about that.

Olly

Really nice to see the amount of detail you can pull out without spending half the year on an image ;)

What's the breakdown of the LRGB subs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived