NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What to look at tonight

Geordie mc

I have my 200p over in France with me at the moment. Lovely clear skies. Have a friend coming to take a look tonight to see if he fancies getting a scope. I'm at 42 degrees latitude and can only see above 30 degrees to the south because of buildings but pretty good to North, East and West. I can see Jupiter and M44 just above the buildings. M81 and M82 were good last night. I thought maybe M13 too. Any other recommendations? Suggestions much appreciated. Thank you.

Well, Saturn was too low sadly but M51 looked great. Jupiter was really good with the banding very evident and all 4 Gallilean moons visible, 2 each side. Had M81 and 82 in the same field of view with a 28 mm eyepiece too. Skies are so clear here in Charente and even at midnight, the temperature was still 17 degrees! When can I move here?

Archived