Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Heath Widefield

Here's a widefield shot I managed to grab on Sunday of Leo which includes the clusters M44 and Melotte 111 and Saturn.

4983_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I have applied some lens correction to this picture (to counter Coma) and decided not to crop it so that Mellotte 111 and M44 is framed properly. The picture was taken with a Canon 400D and a Sigma EX DC 10mm lens. Exposure single exposure 10 mins ISO1600 F5.

Whilst the imaging setup was running I had a quick whiz around the skies with my Dob. There was some cloud scudding through with some low crud obscuring the bottom of Orion and on around to the North but there was enough open sky for me to bag visually a stunning M81 and 82, and also M3, M53, M44, M45, M51, NGC 4565, Perseus Double Cluster, Mellotte 111 ( in Coma Berinices), M35, M37, M36, M38 and finally M13.

Regards

Kevin

That's a georgeous widefield Kevin, the stars are superbly colourful against the velvet blackness. The lens has covered a large portion of sky,

I would enjoy seeing this one projected onto a large screen.

Ron.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived