Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

first glimpse of Jupiter was something special

jaffa1980

Well I finally got round to seeing Jupiter tonight!

I got my first telescope a while back but had to bodge together a tripod (got a rough looking second hand eq mount with no fine tune adjustment... For now).

I can't believe how awesome it is seeing it... At low mag I saw the moons then swapped out for a 4mm plossl and boom! Bands and all lol!

Well for a split second then I slipped and lost it and the baby started crying.. Then the wife did lol so i went in... but I'm addicted now!

Nothing can quite explain the feeling of seeing it so clearly for the first time.... Wow!

Just thought I'd share ha ha

Ha ha no... She wasn't crying... It was more like shouting... Something along the lines of "are you done playing space boy?! The baby is going mental I could do with a break"... Selfish! Ha ha but yeah she's not too impressed with the idea of me being out all night...

Ha ha no... She wasn't crying... It was more like shouting... Something along the lines of "are you done playing space boy?! The baby is going mental I could do with a break"... Selfish! Ha ha but yeah she's not too impressed with the idea of me being out all night...

I know the feeling! Ours is just over a year old now and I keep pushing my luck every now and then to get some observing done!

It always goes down well when I come in rather too loudly and wake the baby!!

Sounds familiar :) Got my 1st scope after the birth of first baby... I too have to abandoned the scope and dark adaption if I hear crying! Also have to balance things with my wife - in fairness she's very tolerant and supportive. Don't get so many clear nights so not a big issue :)

Sounds familiar :) Got my 1st scope after the birth of first baby... I too have to abandoned the scope and dark adaption if I hear crying! Also have to balance things with my wife - in fairness she's very tolerant and supportive. Don't get so many clear nights so not a big issue :)

Quite right. Family should always come first, Astro is not that important! Doesn't stop it being a bit frustrating missing a nice clear night though [emoji12]

Archived