iPhone proms 7th April 2015

Stu

Took these this afternoon using my iPhone handheld to the eyepiece. Televue 85 with Quark Chromosphere and Televue 32mm Plossl.

I had been using a 0.8 focal reducer before the Quark but have removed that and think the contrast is better at the native focal length.

The large prom was very active today and changed markedly through the afternoon as I was observing. These are taken about 50 minutes apart at 5pm and 5.50pm

Just cropped to show the best parts.

86dc136b3786e457c39d214cd664a210.jpg

86e1d92ccd5c5635c86ae4d3cc3652ab.jpg

Stu

More and more images coming from you Stu. You sure your not tempted to get a camera and give imagine more of a go?

Not for me Nick [emoji3]

I'll stick to the iPhone, I do have a bracket for it which I should use more often.

Stu, you make me hunger for my Quark. But I'm visual only, too.

At the risk of the old jokes about Scotsmen, this is how I see it: Holes into which one can throw money include boats, horses, swimming pools, planes, cars, whisky, wine, women and song - and, not least, telescopes and eyepieces.

And then, of course, there's astrophotography. Out there on its own ...

Archived