Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepiece Projection II

Recently bought a revelation Astro eyepiece projection adapter. I can secure the qhy5 camera in the opposite end to that shown but im unable to secure the 1.25 eyepiece.

Any ideas what ive got wrong here?

post-38182-0-48005400-1427142088_thumb.j

Yes you either look through the eyepiece or put the camera instead of the eyepiece and use the telescope as the lens and take images ....not sure why you want to put both an eyepiece and a camera in at the same time....

Strange...

AB

Eyepiece projection imaging is a very common method and can wield excellent results. He just seems to have the wrong bits to do it properly. This is the one that works for me.. Oh and most of the time I end up removing the rubber eye cup on the eyepiece to make things fit proper.

http://www.365astronomy.com/Eyepiece-Projection-Adapter-from-1.25-to-T2-Variable-Lenght-WIDE-VERSION.html

Guys im tryimg to use the eyepiece to focus the image of which I'll then pick up with the camera.

Leveye - how does the one you recommend work can you send a picture of your eyepiece projection set up please.

Recently bought a revelation Astro eyepiece projection adapter. I can secure the qhy5 camera in the opposite end to that shown but im unable to secure the 1.25 eyepiece.

Any ideas what ive got wrong here?

I haven't got the same projector as you but the way i do it is to take the hood off the eyepiece and insert the eyepiece into the projector.

Some larger eyepieces have a t2 ( I think ) thread that the projection adapter will screw onto.

Also turning the projector round might help.  

It's a bit like meccano, You have lots of bits that you need to arrange in the right order.  And then you have a bit missing.  And then you realise if you turn stuff around and lose half the bits it works anyway.

I can also put the ZWO into a 3X barlow straight into my C8. This older setup enabled me the magnification I needed using the eyepieces I already had till I could afford to step up my rig. Worked pretty good.

post-28595-0-52448700-1427152461_thumb.j

post-28595-0-79510700-1427152496_thumb.j

post-28595-0-59528500-1427153015.jpg

post-28595-0-24311400-1427152481_thumb.j

Im good with the Barlow and camera - just want to try the eyepiece projection - can your system use eyepieces in the focal train? C8 nice scope :)

It's using one in the pictures. The only thing you can't see is that I'm using just the tube from an an old barlow to get the eyepiece just in the right spot.

The bit you seem to be missing is a eyepiece holder on the right hand side of the image that will hold the camera.

You are just showing a t-thread. That's ok if your camera has a t-thread to mate to it.

The eyepiece itself goes inside the barrel as already mentioned. The whole assembly goes into the focuser.

The Celestron/skywatcher adapters are a bit simple and probably don't come with them. The vixen and Astroequip do. Avoid the ones with the slotted barrels since they let light in and aren;t stiff enough   - use t2 spacers to get repeatable distances.

Mike

I can also put the ZWO into a 3X barlow straight into my C8. This older setup enabled me the magnification I needed using the eyepieces I already had till I could afford to step up my rig. Worked pretty good.

attachicon.gifIMG_79571.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_79601.JPG

attachicon.gifJupiter Test C8 eyepiece feb 2015.jpg

attachicon.gifJupiter Test C8 eyepiece feb 2015.jpg

Will this work with the skywatcher eye piece one end and the QHY5 camera also 1.25 inch the other end?

Archived