Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My New Solar Set Up - Esprit 80mm

Pig

My new scope arrived today :laugh:

The first scope that arrived at FLO did not meet their high standards and they returned it to Skywatcher and requested a replacement :laugh:

Isn't it refreshing to have a retailer that is looking out for their customers ?

Even with this delay I still received the scope 5 days from placing the order (including the weekend) So a great big thank you on both counts is thoroughly deserved.

The scope first impressions

• The build quality is fantastic
  • Both scopes in the images are 80mm and the Esprit is quite chunky in comparison
  • Focuser is lovely and smooth
  • Finder scope, camera mount & diagonal included
  • Well built storage case
  • Very well packed
  • Tennis & squash balls are used to protect the scope during transportation !!! so the dogs are well pleased also :grin:

I will of course write a performance review, for solar and Astro, as soon as I get the chance to use the scope.

So the all important first impressions are excellent and I am chuffed to bits :smiley:

post-27910-0-43284300-1426700842.jpg

post-27910-0-89581800-1426700846.jpg

post-27910-0-23071500-1426700851.jpg

More seriously, I'll be very interested to compare Quarks if we get a chance. I think there is a fair amount of variability in them and I've no idea where mine sits in that range

I have read a few reviews that suggest the same Stu and I am also intrigued.

I don't mind comparing as long as I can keep the better one of the two :laugh: sometimes its better not to know :grin:

I have read a few reviews that suggest the same Stu and I am also intrigued.

I don't mind comparing as long as I can keep the better one of the two :laugh: sometimes its better not to know :grin:

You might well be right Shaun. I'm happy with my setup now so might be best not to compare!

I'm bringing my 106 and the 85 but haven't decided which to use for white light or Ha, probably depends on seeing

Lovely kit, Shaun and I look forward to reading a first light report when you get a breather. The Giro mount also looks very nice and will make it extremely useful for you to compare views of the different atmospheres :grin: I'm aiming towards the same kind of set up with the Lunt 60mm and 76.

I think it will also be handy if you guys could meet up and do some testings during the day. If you had a dedicated solar scope available as well, it would make for an interesting read. Needless to say, finger's crossed for clear skies to you all and a fantastic time.

Raise a glass and bear a thought for this poor old soul while you are enjoying the eclipse and astro-weekend. Down here I'll be putting up with a forcast that looks like this :sad: :

post-21324-0-98776400-1426638536.jpg

Cheers Rob & Gerry, if the Esprit performs as good as it looks all will be fine and dandy :grin:

Gerry, the Friday morning sun is looking very promising for the Eclipse down in Hereford, so you should be seeing reports sometime Saturday :laugh:

Rob, I do enjoy the simultaneous set up of white light & Ha and its will be great with the Lunt & TV 76 :laugh:

I should be able to achieve full discs now Ha with the Esprit and white light with the wedge and Equinox...... just in time for the eclipse.

I am sure there will be some dedicated Solar scopes at the event enable some comparing :shocked:

Archived