Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomik Clip fliter in Canon 700D

almcl

I have had my astro-modded Canon for just over a month now and been greatly enjoying it.  Also acquired the Astronomik CLS CCD clip filter after advice here and this has greatly improved the light pollution situation, but a question to DSLR owners with the same filter, if I may? 

I can't seem to fit the kit 18-55mm lens on to the camera with the filter in place.  Doesn't seem to matter if the filter goes in with lettering facing in or out,  there just isn't quite enough clearance.

Am I doing something wrong or is it the case that the filter can only be used at prime focus without a lens? 

No the lens with  an S in their description ( stands for short or small or something ) won't fit with the clip filter in place as they go deeper into the body being made for APSC cameras.

Dave

Yep as above although from memory there are a couple of exceptions I think but obviously not the 18-55. Doesn't the CLS clip filter destroy some of the effect you are getting from the modification?

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

As Sharkmelly says, the H-alpha gets through but the Sodium line(s) don't - my images aren't really good enough for public consumption yet but one below of M51 taken a couple of nights ago gives an idea.

post-38153-0-23517900-1426281482_thumb.j

Archived