NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light - Evostar 80ED

brendant

First clear break in the clouds last night since I got it two weeks ago, have to say I am really impressed with this scope. Had a quick visual tour then managed to image M51 whilst I was waiting for M13 to clear the trees.

Taken with Evostar ED80 Pro, unmodded 400D on EQ5 Skyscan mount, Baader Neodymium LPR filter, M51 = 15 x 120 secs, M13 = 15 x 60 seconds all at ISO 800, M92 = 6 x 60 sec @ ISO1600.

Brendan

Thanks guys, really impressed with the results from this scope, so much easier to use than the Newt, certainly lighter lugging it in and out to the garden,

Need to get some flats with the light pollution filter in place as processing is a bit of a pain, had another attempt at processing M51 as the two above have colour casts, hope they look a bit better.

Brendan

Thanks again guys, even these shots were only quickly acquired I am really impressed with the quality of them especially the resolution on the cropped image, certainly a nice portable scope that works well on an EQ5 with a DSLR, makes a really nice imaging setup.

Brendan

Archived