Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar Eclipse

Mav359

Hi guys

whats the best way to capture the eclipse?

I'm Thinking....... Panic for 5hrs before the event that everything is set correctly & then.......

I have a C9.25 with a hyperstar and a QHY8L in my head i am going use that setup to capture stills of the eclipse. The Dew shield i made accommodates my DIY solar filter  so i'm good there

I'm also thinking

My MAK127 SLT & my ASI120MC to capture the event

then i can stand back and watch through the binoculars, i'll make some filters up for them

Does that all sound do-able?

stick with one scope, best using a dslr if you have a canon plug it into laptop and live view while taking stills, this is how im hoping to go about it

I havent made a solar filter for my DSLR yet....... on it

I'm going to use my 1100D (would astro modified or unmodified by best?) to take stills through my C8 XLT SCT and 0.63 focal reducer, with my Travelscope 70 & QHY5L IIc piggybacked on the main OTA taking video. I will also try and catch some of the partial eclipse with the solar glasses that came free with the S@N mag this month.

Both scopes will of course have ND5 solar filters on them and I will keep the finder scope capped.

What's the advice on attempting an image like this post-8355-0-58456800-1426109689.jpg with out frying my sensor.

I have a UV filter on the front and I have a variable ND filter so would this enable me to get this sort of image with out damage ?? or is there another filter needed ??

Archived