NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Observing Meet - Feb. 21st

L8-Nite

Hi Folks,

It appears that we will have clear skies until about 1:00 am, however, this is a borderline call. 

If the forecasters are correct, he wind prediction " may " be unfavourable for those with larger Dobs.

Tonight will probably be our best shot for an observing get together this month, with only the wind being a possible issue,

so with a bit faith, I'm going to call tonight's Observing Meet a " GO "  :smiley:

Please use your better judgement if you are going to be traveling far. 

For those who haven't attended before, check the Schedule thread for location details.

I plan on getting an early start and should be at the site about 5:30 pm (17:30). 

Clear skies to us all !

I think you called that right Mike.

Might get a short shower but it will be hit and miss.

Have a great evening..............not many more weeks now before I get the licence back. If the DVLA get their fingers out :)

Pat

Thanks Pat, and that's great news about your licence; look forward to caching up with you again.  :smile:   

Was worth a try as the skies were quite good, but as mentioned, the wind was a bit much even for the smaller scopes.

It was good to catch up with Peter and his family & Daiwelly once again.  A special thanks to Lenny for posting the site conditions as found. 

Nice photos Paul, but it sure looks cold there.  :icon_shaking:

Hope everyone had better luck in their neck of the woods. 

Cheers   

Archived