Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The new TAL 100mm triplet

nightfisher

All very nice Jules :smiley:

I have to say that I prefer the metal dew shield with the internal ribbed surfaces to the later plastic ones. The metal one needed to be about twice the length really though.

The flocking to the dew shield on the far right scope seems to be a big improvement.

On the topic of triplets, I heard rumours that the prototype Skywatcher ED100's were triplets. Don't know if there is any truth in this though ?

Back on the TAL 100's, if one came up at a reasonable price near me the tempation would be hard to resist with no more being made now, even though I do already own a nice ED102mm :evil:

John, the skywatcher 100ED...is this a new model coming out or were you referring to when they brought out the scope a while back

You should get a 100 tal as like you say, they wont be about for ever, naturally i wont be keeping all 3, i will be doing a bit of cherry picking then sorting out what to do with the other 2, i have been offered to keep the 100r at a very sensible price, if i can clean the optics up to a high standard i might end up with a 100rs mongrel with 100r objective, and i hear what your saying about dew shield`s the metal one is easy to extend with a flexible slip on and the flocked one is my own original rs that i flocked all way down

John, the skywatcher 100ED...is this a new model coming out or were you referring to when they brought out the scope a while back.....

It was the original blue tubed version Jules. Here is an ancient CN thread on it:

http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/41477-skywatcher-100ed-triplet/

Sounds like the FPL-53 doublet was a better scope !

Jules - How does the metal dewshield attach to the lens cell? I only ask as I vaguely remember a question on a thread regarding this, a while back. Don't know if it was ever answered? Would be interesting to know.

Cheers,

Andy.

Jules - How does the metal dewshield attach to the lens cell? I only ask as I vaguely remember a question on a thread regarding this, a while back. Don't know if it was ever answered? Would be interesting to know.

Cheers,

Andy.

Andy, thought you would like the cheesy title  :grin:  the dew shield slides over the objective cell and has a really tiny flat head grub screw in the side that locks it in place..............is this the original Tal sliding dew shield  :cool: , i have to say i thought i would hate the focuser, but for a 1.25 r an p it works rather sweetly

Archived