Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

gso eye pieces

I got a 12mm GSO (revelation branded) from astronaut just last week. I also have the 32mm eyepiece, which is excellent. Only had a quick go with the 12mm but so far it seems quite promising. Not as good eye relief as my 9mm Celestron Xcel-Lx but the quality of the view through the GSO was excellent imho. For a tenner i say go for it. 

What you want to look for in a decent plossl are:

- Fully Multi-coated (FMC): This is better than Fully Coated or Multi-coated - FMC means that all glass-to-air optical surfaces have multi layer coatings applied.

- Lenses have blackened edges: This helps to minimise light scatter within the eyepiece.

- An apparent field of view of 50 or 52 degrees except in focal lengths over 32mm where 43 degrees is the most you can get.

The GSO plossls have these features but other low priced ones don't always. If the spec does not say it has the feature then you need to assume that they don't.

Are the gso plossl at £10from astroboot, new or used?

They are probably "ex-display" or "demonstrators". A lot of the stuff on there is like that.

The website has a coding system to indicate the condition. A1 means practically as new. A6 means broken but might be of some use to someone.

Archived