NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AstroFest2015

SteveA

Just on my way home from London after a very enjoyable day at AstroFest. My first visit since 2012, basically the same format, but was pleased to see some new exhibitors. picked up a couple of books along the way. Best presentation was by Fred Jansen on the Rosetta mission...totaly captivating. the rest of the presentations were pretty damn good as well!

Glad to hear that it lived up to expectations.

I was supposed to be going today but family duties got in the way again and I was unwilling to put my carefully negotiated SGL10 pass at risk by pushing this one too hard.

Probably saved myself a fortune as wel

Paul

There were some show specials...but to be honest I Had no budget so didn't take to much notice. I was particularly drawn to the Avalon mounts, which seemed very reasonably priced and also the iOptron mounts, which looked very well constructed. I restricted my purchase to a couple of books that cost me no more than thirty quid...

I was looking forwards to seeing the new Skywatcher Stargate 450 truss Dob and was surprised to see that nobody brought one along. I would have thought Skywatcher would have been keen to show it off especially asI Explore Scientific had their 16" truss dob on show.  A little dissappointing.

Archived