Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

televue spare parts?

inspectapart

Does anyone know where i can obtain two knurled knobs to mount my televue 85 onto the tel-pod mount. 

I bought the scope second hand and the mounting bolts and knobs were missing. However, i found two studs that fit into the scope  but I have to use a couple if nuts to tighten up. I don`t seem to be able to locate the proper knobs anywhere for the job. Any ideas?

Bob.

If one of the UK Tele Vue dealers such as the Widescreen Centre or Telescope House can't help you then you can contact Tele Vue direct in the USA. Their telephone number is shown on their hompage:

http://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?id=27

They do answer the phone and are very approachable. I phoned them a couple of years back about something and ended up talking to David Nagler, the son of the founder of the company.

Bob, I had a search around for the same knobs just a few weeks back to use with my TV102. It's a long story, but everything is now sorted (thanks Andre).

However, before getting 'sorted' I managed to source reasonable screw nuts that did the job well from a local 'fasteners' company who have boxes of just about every screw, nut, bolt etc. known to man! If you download the TeleVue manual for the mount fittings it stipulates a size for these studs/mounting bolts - albeit US sizes - and, if you can find a similar store or warehouse they should be able to supply something to fit the bill.

I would also recommend giving Steve at ENS Optical a call (0121 748 7888). He's a lovely guy and very helpful but, more to the point, he recently bought in a 'big box' of TeleVue bits and bobs and supplied me with two genuine TV wing nuts for mounting scopes to their mounts.

Hope that helps.

Tele vue mounting Knobs required.by nit wit!!

I posted a message on this forum the other day with regard to finding two knurled mounting knobs for my TV85. and as usual got some great advice. One of you good people suggested phoning Tele vue direct in the USA and kindly provided the number. Well I decided to get the knobs from here in the UK as it would be cheaper than importing the real thing from the USA. But just to be sure I thought I`d call tele vue to check the thread size first. So I did.

The guy at Tele vue said they could certainly  send me the knobs but I may be better off ringing the "Wide Screen Centre" here in the U/K as they may have a couple extra that I could have. He also told me that they were just standard 1/4" 20 threads. he then asked if I`d bought the scope used and I said I had and we had a long and very enjoyable chat about the TV85. He was really enthusiastic about the scope and during the conversation, I told him I was also going to be using a bino-viewer with the scope and he then told me about the Televue bino viewer and all its merits. He said that the best view he`d ever had of the moon was through his TV 85 with a Televue bino viewer.Well, you know what it`s like talking astro stuff, you can get carried away and I was calling the USA so I thought I`d better thank the guy and bring the conversation gently to an end, and so I asked who I was speaking to  should I need to ring in the future. He said, my names Al Nagler. For some reason I almost blurted out....."I thought you were dead!"  Probably because I thought he was!  Don`t ask me why I thought this but thankfully I stopped myself short. As  soon as I put the phone down I Googled him just to be sure. He`s definitely alive and kicking, I know this to be a fact  because just 10 minutes ago he was selling me the virtues of the  Tele Vue  bino-viewer. That was quite exciting chatting to the great Al Nagler. Now, back to the Knobs. If the "Wide Screen Centre" don`t have any of the real thing, Moriniboy has some that look pretty damn good.

He said, my names Al Nagler. For some reason I almost blurted out....."I thought you were dead!"  Probably because I thought he was!  Don`t ask me why I thought this but thankfully I stopped myself short.

I know it is wrong to laugh at the demise of anyone but I burst out laughing when I read the bit where you said "For some reason I almost blurted out....."I thought you were dead!". Thankfully no one died in the making of this anecdote.

Ian

Archived