Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Better Quality Dual Bars?

Earl

I already have ther ADM Dual and its good but i need something far more versatile to use with 2 / 3 gear setup configurations.

Mainly I need to get the scopes as tight as possible as the slot on the obsy is not especially wide.

Hi Earl,

Have a look here about half way down the page:-

http://www.lbastro.it/prodotti_1757132.html

The owner Paolo speaks perfect English and makes some of the finest hardware I have seen, and I am a big fan of ADM...

Lbastro made me some custom tube rings after being disappointed with the fit and finish of Parallax rings. What he supplied looks like they belong in a high end jewellery shop!

Hope that helps

Nick

Earl if the ADM dual is strong enough to support your imaging kit I'd approach a local toolmaking firm to mod the one you've got. You will have the ideal solution and be better off in the old pocket...

Steve

The saddles would be fine but the bar is designed for that lenght, a custom bar could well be the soultion i need it might need to have some risers to allow the saddle tighteners to have the needed clearance though.

Hi Earl,

The owner Paolo speaks perfect English and makes some of the finest hardware I have seen, and I am a big fan of ADM...

Lbastro made me some custom tube rings after being disappointed with the fit and finish of Parallax rings. What he supplied looks like they belong in a high end jewellery shop!

Hope that helps

Nick

Very nice gear I think I need to get some measures and send and email over.

Another way forward could be to use an upside down double saddle along with two dovetails strapped 'back to back' giving the ability to slide the two scopes together or apart. I'll have a look tomorrow as I think Paolo sent me a picture of something similar.....

He also made me some riser blocks for the rings too....

Cheers

Nick

Hi Earl,

Hope that helps

Nick

Wow, I was gonna say the ADM stuff is hard to beat, I have quite a bit inc. dual & the latest triple bars. But you have to hand it to the Italians, that stuff looks very nice.. Ooh shiny shiny.. me wants.. :grin:

Archived