SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Joined the Lovejoy club!

It has been fabulous watching this comet over the last couple of weeks. Slowly getting brighter and higher as it continues its long journey. Easily the best comet since my full return to the world of astronomy.

18x120secs with my Canon350/200PDS. I did hope for a little more detail in the tail, but seeing the images on here its looks about the same as most of them. Also really should have done some calibration frames, but its been a long road getting everything working on the new laptop (windows7) 

post-5271-0-45351000-1421184611_thumb.jp

You got some good tail in there. Funny though, years ago as a kid seeing thing on TV like Sagan's Cosmos I remember thinking...it would be great to see a comet. Now a relatively short time later we're photographing them from our back gardens. To see it is great, to get a picture of it with hobby equipment....well its amazing we can even do it, never mind wishing we'd done it better. :smiley:  

Archived