Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Samsung SBC 2000P cables

alkrith

Hello  All.

I have just bought the above camera. I know about the removal of the I/R filter , However Ime confused over what cables i will need to connect camera to telescope.....C mount ordered.. video grabber ordered. I have seen somewhere on this site cable recommendations....however cannot find the post again. Is there a very simple list of what cables and connectors I need to get going. Many apologies as I know you have covered this topic before. But for me simple explanation is key please. Ime not a very technical type. Thanks a million.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always look at peoples feedback and he has sold more so i might just have a bad one but i wish they would just get in touch.

You will have a good one i bet i'm covered by paypal so not to worried yet.

Just a reply from them would have been nice they do package them well.

HI mate, you will need this lot to get you up and running.

1 power cable.... from camera to your power supply make it longer than needed, camera is 12 volts so choose what your going to use as a power supply, battery or mains adapter , I use both

1 video cable..... bnc connector one end and a rca connector on the other to your pc / laptop same again on length, if your going to be running from inside the house / orb or next to setup..... buy a good one which is shielded, if you don't you will get interference lines on your screen 

and one of these, they are worth there're weight in gold, you connect it in line with your video cable at your grabber and you can control your camera osd or menu buttons at the pc instead of fiddling about with the buttons on the camera http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-UTC-OSD-Controller-Inline-Remote-for-OSD-camera-menu-/251523802863?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3a8ffca6ef   depending on the connectors on your video cable you will need some adapters

and a 1.25 ir/uv filter

software, theres plenty of free ones out there,    sharpcap,  gstar, to name a few

hope this helps you,  just ask if I've missed something out

John

I always look at peoples feedback and he has sold more so i might just have a bad one but i wish they would just get in touch.

You will have a good one i bet i'm covered by paypal so not to worried yet.

Just a reply from them would have been nice they do package them well.

MMM. Will wait and see . I have ordered through paypal also .  I totally understand the frustration.

Seme, on 11 Jan 2015 - 2:14 PM, said:

I hope you never got it from these talit123 mine came but rattles and don't work.

Been waiting 3 days for them to reply.

Sometimes thing are to good to be true.

Seme

Have you opened it up to see what's rattling, There's a total of 4 boards inside and they all interconnect with each other, maybe one of the connector's has come loose or not making a proper connection. I bought one that didn't work, it was only a fiver and it turned out to be the flat ribbon cable going into the front board that was not properly fitted.  worth a look

HI mate, you will need this lot to get you up and running.

1 power cable.... from camera to your power supply make it longer than needed, camera is 12 volts so choose what your going to use as a power supply, battery or mains adapter , I use both

1 video cable..... bnc connector one end and a rca connector on the other to your pc / laptop same again on length, if your going to be running from inside the house / orb or next to setup..... buy a good one which is shielded, if you don't you will get interference lines on your screen 

and one of these, they are worth there're weight in gold, you connect it in line with your video cable at your grabber and you can control your camera osd or menu buttons at the pc instead of fiddling about with the buttons on the camera http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-UTC-OSD-Controller-Inline-Remote-for-OSD-camera-menu-/251523802863?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3a8ffca6ef   depending on the connectors on your video cable you will need some adapters

and a 1.25 ir/uv filter

software, theres plenty of free ones out there,    sharpcap,  gstar, to name a few

hope this helps you,  just ask if I've missed something out

John

Hello John

I have just bought one of these UTC controllers .  I have connected it via the BNC cable adapter to the yellow video in plug on grabber device. Still doesn't let me operate the menu on the PD camera via laptop . Have I connected wrong somewhere. Battery in controller is fine.....just bought a new one . Would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction . Many thanks.

In defense of this guy/gal (I am no relation,never met him/her etc) I bought one from him/her and it worked out of the box and was £20 cheaper than the next cheapest on ebay.

The mail services don't exactly worry about how fragile things are but if the fuse had blown then that's different. Did you take any photo's of the item before sending it back? its something my wife and I have learnt to do (the hard way).

With Ebay/Payal/distance buying protection(including any postage) you have nothing to worry about but it is still a pain when things like that happen.

Alkrith How are you getting on did you get the camera.

I'm still waiting for my replacement he's trying to tell me i sent him the wrong one back?.

Hello Seme

Still haven't received camera yet. Have opened a case on ebay resolution centre . The seller has stated that it was sent on the 17/1/.15 . However not received it up to now. Will contact ebay again if no luck. Alan

Hello Seme

Still haven't received camera yet. Have opened a case on ebay resolution centre . The seller has stated that it was sent on the 17/1/.15 . However not received it up to now. Will contact ebay again if no luck. Alan

It's strange has he seems to have sold them all.

I've also opened a case.

Today i had my return postage paid back.

The one he sent i had to sign for so he must be able to track them.

I wonder if he got sent to him a bad batch.

Archived