SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Winter sucks.....

Agggghhhhhhh.................Winter storm.....freezing rain....Artic Weather.....Montreal has been attacked by everything the winter can throw.....I have been grounded at home by the weather, no chance to see comet Lovejoy since more than a week ago!

Ah Frugal, if it makes you feel any better, the forecast was for clear skies, but by the time my new flattener and LP Filter arrived (thanks Parcel Force - only 24 hours late) the clouds had rolled in and the night was washed out for me! Fingers crossed for Saturday....

Shenandoah Valley VA – Tonight’s local forecast:

Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly clear. (Great! - First clear night in nearly a week)

Rest of the forecast:

Brisk and cold with lows around 3 above. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Wind chill values as low as 13 below.

Moral of the story: Not only does winter suck – IT ALSO BLOWS!!!  :BangHead: 

Last night here in Newbury it was quite remarkable how the sky could clear completely of cloud in under a minute, and cloud over again just as fast. It was not drifting in, it would dissipate and then re-form. Weird really, I've seen patches do that but not noticed the whole lot go before.

Last night here in Newbury it was quite remarkable how the sky could clear completely of cloud in under a minute, and cloud over again just as fast. It was not drifting in, it would dissipate and then re-form. Weird really, I've seen patches do that but not noticed the whole lot go before.

That is exactly what was happening over here, between 6 to 10 pm I had about 10 false starts, first it was crystal clear, once the mount was aligned it went cloudy then it cleared then the Moon came up and then the misty fog. Packed up at 10 and came inside.

A.G

Weather men reporting possible wind speeds of up to 100 MPH  on the West Coast  of Scotland UK with  Atlantic Storms passing to the North of the British Isles. This should clear out the cobwebs, refuse bins, garden sheds ect. Batten down the hatches.  Expecting a power cut any-time soon by the week-end if all goes to plan, but  all too often,  this little neck of the woods  ( Moray ) seems to avoid the serious weather?

Archived