Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best Jupiter so far!

JB80

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already have a Baader UV/IR cut L filter so all I needed was the RGBs. To be honest I haven't used the UV/IR cut here at all as it's not in the filter wheel and it would of been a faff to get it on in time.

To be fair I'm not certain the best approach anyway, RGB is new to me as is, I did a previous set with the UV/IR in place whilst doing the RGBs, I don't think that's the best Idea. The RGBs are IR blocked anyway so what does that mean in relation to the L filter?

Next time though I think I'll take a 4th avi for the L as well and see what happens.

What eyepieces are you using? What's your magnification with the eyepiece as well? I've had some good pics of Jupiter but you can't make out the stripes and red spot. Just a ball of light and a few moons. Just wondering if it's possible to see jupiter like this with my set up. I have an Orion StarBlast 450mm Reflector Scope. Eyepieces: 15mm, 6mm, and 3.2mm. Please let me know! Thanks!

-Garret-

Sent from my iPad

Hi Garret,

I wasn't using any eyepieces just the camera directly attached to the eyepiece holder, it cuts down on the interference with the extra glass in an eyepiece.

What camera are you using?

Your pic shows you can definitely get a nice bright target with the moons so I would try and see if you can get the exposure down next time, try it at a much quicker shutter speed and once the brightness dies down you should start seeing more detail appearing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived