Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stacking comet lovejoy in DSS-cant see enough stars to stack my images

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i cant get DSS to stack my comet. i have tried so many times. different captures over two nights. just now it looked like it was doing a stack and at the end it said, no picture to save.  i used an ED80 one night and a ED120 the other. i did raw subs of 120 secs 

well i cant get DSS to stack my comet. i have tried so many times. different captures over two nights. just now it looked like it was doing a stack and at the end it said, no picture to save.  i used an ED80 one night and a ED120 the other. i did raw subs of 120 secs 

I had that problem, I'd moved or renamed the location of the output folder so it wouldn't create anything to save. Might be worth a check in the output tab?

• 4 weeks later...

The slightest hint of trailing or shake can make dss not select a star.

Proper winds me up. Was out last night and did a 20x30s on rosetta and 100x30s on the leo triplet (found easily with my new goto)can see plenty of star in images but dss refuses to stack them all (5 6 and 7 max)

The slightest hint of trailing or shake can make dss not select a star.

Proper winds me up. Was out last night and did a 20x30s on rosetta and 100x30s on the leo triplet (found easily with my new goto)can see plenty of star in images but dss refuses to stack them all (5 6 and 7 max)

Ps ive even started doing pencil sketches last night because havent got a decent image yet :)

Archived